Well, I was supposed to ovulate last Sunday (10/10), after giving myself the HCG injection late on Friday. I had my progesterone blood draw this past Friday, and Dr. Schmidt's nurse called me on Monday morning with the results. She said that my progesterone was 0.7, which means that ovulation did not occur. She is pretty certain it's a lab error, because she said it is pretty unlikely that ovulation did not occur, especially with the HCG shot. Progesterone level needs to be above 2 to indicate ovulation. So, while I can only hope that there was a lab error, I am still sad and worried that maybe that number is real. In any event, I have had cramps since about Saturday, and I just feel like my period is going to start anytime now. If I am not pregnant now, I guess I have 4 options for next cycle:
1. Take a triple dose of clomid (highest dose possible)
2. Take a triple dose of clomid and add progesterone supplements (vaginal suppositories, I assume) at the time of ovulation
3. Be done with clomid and move on to stage 2 of fertility treatment: injectable gonadotropins
4. Take a break from fertility treatments and try to put it out of my mind (yeah right, like that's going to happen), and hope that maybe it will happen when we are least expecting it.
I'm leaning towards 2 and 3 at the moment. To be honest, I don't think 4 is an option I can live with right now. If I was 28 or even 30, I might consider it. But, I am almost 35, and I may not have very many years of potential fertility left (if I even have any potential fertility right now). So, I feel like time is fleeting and I need to do anything I can to get pregnant sooner rather than later.
We'll see if (when) my period starts, and then I will talk with my doctor and get a better feel from him about which option(s) he recommends.
Infertility sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment