Wednesday, March 2, 2011

big day

This afternoon at 4:00 is our appointment with Dr. Schmidt. This will be the first time I've been in his private office (as opposed to an exam room) since we started this journey on July 7, 2010. My cancer follow-up appointments every six months (where I have an ultrasound of my neck and go over blood work results to find out if my cancer is back or has spread) are nervewracking, but I have never been as worked up about going to a doctor's appointment as I am about this one. Since last Thursday, I have been trying to prepare myself to hear Dr. Schmidt say that my only chance for getting pregnant is with donor eggs. I still don't think I am ready to hear it. I am thankful that Brian will be there holding my hand ... no matter what Dr. Schmidt says, we will get through it. I need to keep reminding myself that if we truly want to be parents (we do!), we will figure out a way to do it. One of life's toughest lessons is that things don't always go the way we planned. I will update later ...


"The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it." ~C.C. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment