Tuesday, March 15, 2011

disappointed ...

Well, we are on our "break" from fertility treatments. As expected, time has dragged on, and I am feeling very antsy. It doesn't really feel like much of a break to me. Anyway, Dr. Schmidt instructed us to keep trying to get pregnant on our own. So, I used some ovulation predictor tests a week and a half ago, and sure enough, they indicated that I was going to ovulate. I was pretty excited about that, because I was just assuming that I wouldn't ovulate at all without the meds. So, I've been waiting the last week and a half, just hoping that there would be some sort of miracle and this might be our month. Naaaaaaaaaah. My period started last night. At work. Like it always does. Not surprised, and yet still very sad.

*note: I previously wrote a couple paragraphs here about an interaction with a coworker yesterday. I decided to remove those paragraphs because I am not sure who all reads this blog, and I didn't want to hurt any feelings.

I have at least 5 friends who have gotten pregnant in the last 6 months. Learning about each one has been incredibly difficult (no offense to any friends who are pregnant ... it's nothing personal, it's just so hard). I want so much to be happy for everyone, but instead I just find myself being sad for me. I hate that I can't get pregnant. So much.

3 comments:

  1. Sending you warm hugs today...and maybe some advil! Way to go with sharing like that, it needed to be done because maybe that will just help her to remember to count her blessings and that not everybody is in the same boat. I'm so proud of it.
    I remember the period (though different) where everybody around me was getting pg and staying pg and I wasn't. I hated feeling upset about it but I was. Somebody in the same situation had told me it's a time of mourning and that sometimes you just have to allow yourself to grieve. I've got a shoulder to lean on.

    Yesterday was a day of unexpected pregnancy announcements...if I could find the water that these ladies are drinking I'd buy you a river of it!

    Love ya,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was crazy that she vented!!! Do your co-workers have no idea??? I would have done the same thing and am proud of you for saying something to shut her up! I think saying you have a baby you don't necessarily want is so horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. I'm not sure how you make a break break...
    It's so hard to put on a happy face for all the announcements. I had tears in my eyes as I said "congratulations" more than a few times. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete