I had another ultrasound yesterday morning. I was feeling stressed out before the ultrasound for a few reasons: first, I was afraid the cyst got bigger and this cycle would be a bust. Second, we are going out of town on Friday for a Saturday wedding (I am making the wedding cake and cupcakes) and I was afraid the timing wasn't going to work out. If insemination would need to happen this weekend (when we are out of town), this cycle would also be a bust because going out of town is not optional. So, I was feeling very anxious going into the ultrasound.
I had a different doctor for the ultrasound ... I have never met Dr. Williams before, but I have heard great things about him, and he's actually the one who helped my sister- and brother-in law conceive their three wonderful children. There is another doctor (I won't mention names) who literally causes my heart to drop when he walks in the door to do my ultrasound. He has a pretty poor bedside manner, and he is extremely rough with the ultrasound wand, if you know what I mean (TMI, I know ...). So, I was apprehensive when I saw a new doctor come through the door. But, Dr. Williams was great. He was gentle like Dr. Schmidt, and even better, he said that the "cyst" was actually a big fat follicle!! Apparently they can look similar on the ultrasound screen. My estradiol level almost doubled since Friday (it's up to 142 now), so that was enough to convince him that the growing dark circle on the screen is in fact a follicle and not a cyst! I was very happy to hear this! I also have 3-4 smaller follicles that could still potentially be "the one". So, this cycle is turning out to look somewhat promising. Once again, my hopes are high, and the roller coaster ride continues.
So, tomorrow morning (6/2) will be insemination. I gave myself the HCG trigger shot at 9:15 last night at work, so I should ovulate right around 9:15 AM tomorrow. I have to work tonight, so I will meet Brian in the morning after he goes to the lab, and we will have our special pre-insemination breakfast (haha) together. We will be back at the office at 9AM for insemination. Then, we will begin the agonizing 2+ week wait until I can take a pregnancy test.
Once again, it's time for optimism, wishing, and hoping ...
Praying. Yay for sweet doctors. Love you.
ReplyDeleteChristi
yeah!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck, Jess! I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDelete