the sadness of infertility, the belief in defying the odds, and the hope for a miracle
Friday, March 30, 2012
I can't believe I'm really pregnant!!!
I had another blood draw this morning. I called this afternoon to find out the results, and my beta hCG went from 54 on Wednesday to 126 today! It increased by 133%!!! Yay!!! Another sigh of relief! :) The next step will be an ultrasound next Thursday (4/5) morning at 8:15. Dr. Nash will be looking for the gestational sac and the yolk sac (the earliest source of nutrients for the fetus). The yolk sac may not yet be visible next week. The embryo may also be too small to see at that point, although it's possible to see the fetal pole (first visible sign of a developing embryo ... it looks like a tadpole!) and possibly detect the fetal heartbeat. Those last two things often don't show up until week 6-7, though (next week will be week 5). So, things will still be nerve-wracking for the next couple weeks (and really, through the end of the first trimester). But, I am still trying to focus on one day at a time, because worrying doesn't do me or that little growing baby bean any good. I am on cloud nine right now! I will update again next Thursday after my ultrasound. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment