the sadness of infertility, the belief in defying the odds, and the hope for a miracle
Thursday, September 2, 2010
follicle is ready!
I had my mid-cycle ultrasound today. Fortunately, I have managed to avoid the Clomid side effect of thinned uterine lining, as Dr. Schmidt confirmed during the ultrasound today. He was only able to see one large follicle in my right ovary, which concerned me a bit (since I had 5+ follicles last month). He alleviated my concerns by saying that it is perfectly normal to only have one mature follicle, even on Clomid. After all, women who ovulate naturally usually only produce one mature follicle per cycle. He said that the follicle is nice and big, so he was pleased. I will give myself the HCG injection on Saturday night (again, at work!), so I will ovulate Monday morning. I am being cautiously hopeful, although it is harder to be hopeful this time, for some reason. I will have my blood drawn on 9/13 to check my 7dpo (days past ovulation) progesterone level, and I will take a home pregnancy test on 9/20. The long two week wait begins again! Fingers and toes crossed for a BFP (big fat positive!!) this month! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!! I can't wait to find out if this worked! I'm sure you and Brian are also on pins and needles! We are here cheering you on! I know how badly you both want this so I hope that one big fat follicle is going to be attacked by sperm and fertilized!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your blog is up and running!! I've been checking every now and then, so I was really excited to see your email! =) Glad you had a good ultrasound today! All you need is 1 big fat follicle, and hopefully it will become Baby Slates!!! =D I'm sending positive thoughts your way!! Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete