24 hours ago, I would have never imagined I would be writing this post. We went to see Dr. Nash this morning. He did an ultrasound, and to my absolute surprise, we saw the gestational sac (bigger than it was last Thursday) and the yolk sac. He said that I am still pregnant. I have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which seems to happen in about 20% of pregnancies. From what I've read, the earlier it happens in the pregnancy, the better the outcome. He said that there is still a chance for miscarriage, but he was happy with what he saw on the ultrasound. I bled a lot yesterday, but today I am only spotting.
He wants me to continue to take my meds (estrogen patches, progesterone injections, prenatal vitamin, and baby aspirin), and he wants to see me for my originally scheduled ultrasound on Thursday morning. I am in shock, to say the least. I grieved what I thought was a miscarriage for the last 18 hours. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the possibility that I can still be pregnant. I am trying to stay hopeful without getting my hopes up too high (easier said than done). This is all just so unbelievable.
Dr. Nash put me on bedrest until after the ultrasound on Thursday, to reduce the risk of the hemorrhage getting bigger. I am ready to get off this roller coaster. Please think lots of good thoughts for Thursday morning. I will update after the ultrasound.
Sending prayers! It truly is a roller coaster that I am all too familiar with. Be strong.
ReplyDelete