the sadness of infertility, the belief in defying the odds, and the hope for a miracle
Friday, April 20, 2012
update about next week
The scheduler at Dr. Nash's office called me yesterday afternoon and said that the surgery center's schedule is full for Thursday. So, they rescheduled the possible D&C to Wednesday at noon, with Dr. Nash. They also rescheduled my u/s for Wednesday at 10AM with a different doctor (Dr. Nash won't be in town yet at that point). The more I thought about this last night, the more uneasy I got. If there is no heartbeat on Wednesday morning, then we will have to go straight to the surgery center, and I will have no time to mentally prepare myself for the D&C. I called Dr. Nash's nurse today to ask if I can have the u/s on Monday or Tuesday instead. She rescheduled the u/s to Tuesday at 9:30AM. I guess I am thankful for one less day to be in limbo ... alternately, this means I may have one less day to hold onto the hope that I am going to have this baby. I'm struggling a lot right now ... I am so attached to this baby, and it's not even an inch long yet. I just can't grasp the fact that this pregnancy could be ending next week. We waited so long for this. It just seems so unfair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment